While car sales ceded some ground to trucks, the strength of Honda passenger cars has pushed them to the top of industry retail market share, despite tight supplies of key models.
- Honda Pilot jumped 50.2% in September on sales of 15,464 units.
- CR-V sales topped 30,000 units for the month, just shy of another record.
- With gas prices topping $4.00/gallon in parts of the U.S., sales of Honda electrified vehicles continue to rise, with Accord Hybrid, Insight and Clarity Plug-in Hybrid combining for nearly 6,000 September deliveries.
- American Honda light trucks set new September record, gaining 6.3%
- Honda brand trucks have best-ever September, with Pilot posting record September, up 50%
- Honda electrified vehicle sales set new monthly record, topping 5,000 units for third consecutive month
- Acura sales rise 4.4%, fueled by record September truck sales
- RDX sets fourth straight monthly sales record with massive 54% gain; MDX sales top 4,600 units