Customers are responding very well to the new Corolla Hatchback and Touring Sports, which are now available with two hybrid electric powertrains : 1.8L – 122 hp and 2.0L – 180hp (as part of Toyota’s dual-hybrid strategy). The combined hybrid mix is 83%. And the Corolla Sedan is for the first time also available with a hybrid electric powertrain that represents about 50% of the new model sales.
Demand is also strong for the new RAV4 and for the new premium crossover Lexus UX, with hybrid electric mix of 72% and 92% respectively.
The new Camry that has been successfully launched this year in Western Europe is sold exclusively with a hybrid electric powertrain.
Other models such as the Toyota C-HR Hybrid, and Yaris Hybrid – have achieved record sales, also supporting the strong performance of HEVs.
Lexus sales increased by 5% versus last year, thanks to the good performance of the Lexus ES and the new Lexus UX.
For this period, the HEV share of TME sales stands at 52% across Greater Europe, and at 62% in Western Europe only.
2019 has also seen the relaunch of the Supra nameplate. After a 17-year absence from the market, the iconic GR Supra is back, to the great joy of car enthusiasts, eagerly awaiting the return of this sports car that delivers a pure driving experience. Such is the level of excitement that the 2019 model allocation already sold out prior to its official launch last March.
TME highlights in H1 2019:
- Total sales: 578,400 (+3.3% year-on-year)
- Market share: 5.3% (+0.4ppt year-on-year)
- Total hybrid sales: 303,400 (+18% year-on-year)
- Hybrid mix: West Europe: 62% – East Europe*: 23% – TTL: 52%
Toyota highlights in H1 2019:
- Toyota sales: 538,000 (+3.2% year-on-year)
- Top sellers: Yaris Range (131,000); Toyota C-HR Range (79,000); RAV4 Range (72,800)
- Top gainers: Mirai (+65%); Camry Range (+32%); RAV4 (+25%)
- Top hybrids : Toyota C-HR Hybrid (70,300); Yaris Hybrid (66,400); Corolla H/B & Touring Sports (57,700)
- Total hybrid sales: 275,300 (+18% year-on-year)
- Hybrid mix: West Europe: 60% – East Europe*: 24% – TTL: 51%
Lexus highlights in H1 2019:
- Total Lexus sales: 40,450 (+4.9% year-on-year)
- Top sellers: NX Range (11,700); UX Range (8,500); RX Range (8,400)
- Top gainers: UX range (new); ES range (+387%)
- Top hybrids: NX Hybrid (8,700); UX Hybrid (7,800); RX Hybrid (3,800);
- Total hybrid sales: 28,000 (+17% year-on-year)
- Hybrid mix: West Europe: 99% – East Europe*: 8% – TTL: 69%
Sales for H1 2019 are listed below
|Table 1 – TME (1) total sales in H1 2019
(1) Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for all Western, Central and Eastern European countries including Turkey and Russia as well as Israel and a number of Central Asian markets (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Kazakhstan).
*East Europe includes Russia, Kazakhstan, Caucasus, Ukraine, Turkey and Israel.
Models listed in italics are produced locally at Toyota’s European manufacturing facilities